Against Obsession With Flowers and Gardening, that's what the title stands for and that's what I stand for (sort of). So I decided to type up my opinion on this slightly trivial matter and launch it into the void that is the internet.
First off, Gardening. I don't see the point, why would anyone want to plant flowers in different patterns that look nice, I mean, how can you enjoy making patterns with brightly coloured leaves? I know that it heightens your self-esteem to see that you've succeeded in making your name out of vibrant coloured plants but, honestly, you must have a very low self-esteem and sense of enjoyment if you find that seriously enjoyable and would want to become say a professional gardener.
Why would you want to become a professional gardener? Okay, so you enjoy gardening and making patterns with plants and then watching them wither and die? It's like playing with food, you enjoy making the patterns, but you know that sometime soon, you're going to have to eat the food that you lovingly tended.
However, I'm not against plants altogether, plants are useful. In fact, without plants we wouldn't be alive and I'm not going to be the one going round with a chainsaw, cutting down trees. I don't go against people striving for the world's green spaces, plants are useful, to give us oxygen and to hold back ambitious countries like China from destroying the planet with thousands of factories belching acrid smoke.Nevertheless, I'm against the obsession with flowers and gardening; gardening so much that it takes over your life like a virus.
i believe ur acrynim (however u spell that) does not match the meaning you put! flowers and gardening or gardening and flowers? HEHE
ReplyDeleteThanks for that, I've corrected it now though.
ReplyDeleteno probs. See how I notice that? this justifies my Blog Intro if you want to take a look. http://wowididnotknowthat.blogspot.com/p/intro.html
ReplyDeleteI agree whole heartedly, as a kid my mum would make me 'tend the vegetable garden' (picking weeds to make I look nice) absolutely useless... in a week or so there would just be more weeds! never ending cycle of torment!!
ReplyDelete