UFOs and 2012

After various discussions I decided that I had enough content to make a blog post on various myths and legends and plain rubbish that I had heard details on. First off, UFOs. Now although I'm definitely not an expert on this subject but I can tell you one astounding fact: 2,000,000 Americans claim to have been abducted by UFOs. Now, this either means that 2,000,000 Americans have been abducted by UFOs (Extremely Unlikely), or that 2,000,000 Americans are drunk/high on drugs/ too stupid to think things through properly, or that it's all a conspiracy and we're all going to die at the hands of aliens working with the government in some dark, occult conspiracy to bring about the Apocalypse. Your choice.
This nicely brings me on to my next topic. 2012. The very idea that we're all going to die in 2012 is absurd. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that we will all die in 2012 except for the ideas suggested by the film 2012 which is, in concept, a film and therefore a work of fiction (in this case as it's not based on a true story as the year 2012 has not came about yet and unless they could time travel into the future of mankind which in itself is impossible they would not be able to know the information to base the film on). The other thing that annoys me more is that when you challenge the idea that we will all die in 2012, the general response is just a repeat of the original hypothesis, therefore not answering the question or giving any logical evidence.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the whole 2012 thing, it's just based off superstition and the sheer amount of people who believe it is worrying. UFOs too. 2,000,000 people? Wow, didn't realise that the number was so high! It says something about America that they have so many idiots over there.

    ReplyDelete